Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bus ride part 2

Well after they stopped playing the 1st song La Cucaracha it seems to me I remembered the song from when I was a kid and it was about a cockroach.......or so I thought, until none other then our own Carl Sandburg had compiled an american songbag back in 1927... They were called dichos and after reading the lyrics I was confused because the song was about a fair maiden http://www.pamrotella.com/polhist/lacucaracha.html and about some bald man finding a comb upon a highway and there was no more marihuanna for to smoke? Hmmm
And we all know about Richie Valens song La Bamba and the plane crash and Waylon Jennings near miss.
My little sister may have gotten a better angle on some portions of the songs and also some sights.

1 comment:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

seems I have seen this a few times before 8-)